Saturday, April 01, 2006

Observations from some who attended InnoVenture 2006

In the next couple of weeks, we'll begin addressing the inbox full of suggestions to improve InnoVenture 2007. For now, we'll bask in the glow of another fantastic conference.

Tony Boccanfuso, University of SC, Columbia, SC
A great event, and I am very pleased with the value that we received from the investment.

Vince Gallicchio, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
I want to express my appreciation to you and your staff for organizing what was a superb get-together. Rest assure knowing that Clemson University continues to be active partner in the InnoVenture concept.

Jessica Knight, Furman University, Greenville, SC
I just wanted to thank you for letting me participate in InnoVenture. It was one of the best experiences I think I've had during college - really. I learned so much and met so many incredible people. I think what you are doing to create a vibrant upstate is working...I'm hooked!

Terry Payne, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
InnoVenture 2006 was a remarkable success! The addition of the Invention Hall and the increased participation by the region’s research universities and national labs was very appropriate. I can’t wait to see what great improvements will be made for InnoVenture 2007.

David Wilfong, Milliken Automotive, Spartanburg, SC
Thanks John to you and your team for an excellent InnoVenture event! Overall, I found the experience positive and useful. I especially enjoyed meeting the Clemson team involved in the ICAR initiative since this is something that I'm studying at the moment. It was also interesting to learn about all of the efforts to transform USC and the city of Columbia into the world's leading Hydrogen energy center.

Walter Wilkinson, Kitty Hawk Capital, Charlotte, NC
Given what the Upstate South Carolina is trying to do and from an entrepreneurial prospective, Dr. Walter Alessandrini’s address was inspirational. Great conference. I like the entrepreneurial, university, and corporate approach.

Nathaniel Clarkson, Academy Funds, Charlotte, NC
I wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic job. Aside from my obvious interest in venture capital, I am very proud to see what you and Innoventure have done for South Carolina. As a South Carolina and Greenville native, I believe that Innoventure is the most significant step we have taken toward creating a knowledge-based economy in the region.

Andrew Kurtz, Vigilix, Greenville, SC
It would have taken months, if it would have happened at all, to meet the people I met at InnoVenture. In two days, I was introduced and had meaningful conversations with people who will have a positive impact on my company and our growth. The ROI on my time was immediate. I can't wait to see what you do for InnoVenture 2007.

Doug Moreland, Benefitfocus.com, Inc., Mount Pleasant, SC
Innoventure is the premier venue in South Carolina for bringing together the innovation leaders of tomorrow with today’s community leaders in a forum that fosters the birth of new technologies as well as new businesses.

Ben Weinberger, Digitalsmiths, Beaufort, SC
InnoVenture presented a quality opportunity for our company to not only meet with potential investors, but also make valuable contacts throughout the southeast. Our region is growing feverishly!

Chris Miller, The Creative Coast Initiative, Savannah, GA
You did a superb job with InnoVenture. I was blown away by the sheer size and scope of the event. I don't need to tell you how important a service this is the region. Thank you so much again for your generous offer of use of the table. I look forward to working with you more closely in the upcoming year and will absolutely participate in next year's event. We will be expanding the area we serve in 2006 and hope this adds an additional benefit to the companies we are both trying to serve. I can't thank you enough for all you do!

Kristin Badger, FastTrac/ThinkTec, Charleston, SC
Thanks so much for the incredible contest exposure you gave us on Tuesday and Wednesday. InnoVenture was the perfect venue, and I found your line up of speakers and companies to be incredibly interesting.

John Moore, Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Greenville, SC
Congratulations! I strongly believe that InnoVenture 2006 truly went to another level. The vision of driving beyond a basic venture capital conference to an innovation conference linking ideas and people wherever they are found - large multinational corporations, startup ventures, research universities, and national labs - was a huge success. Last year, while a good first step, did not have the true chemistry of interactions that took place in the display hall. This year, the display was abuzz all day long. I literally was unable to leave the NEXT booth all day due to steady traffic of very talented, impressive entrepreneurs, grad students, economic developers, etc. And I heard similar comments from Clemson and others at their booths at the end of the day.

Neil McLean, Engenuity SC, Columbia, SC
Withpout exception, everyone that I ran into feels great about where we're headed w/the innovation economy in SC. You get credit for putting together the biggest and best innovation celebration of the year.

John Lumpkin, USC Innovista, Columbia, SC
You have continued to build on the solid foundation you created. You have every right to be extremely proud of what has occurred as well as the momentum which is clearly in place.

Robby Hill, HillSouth, Florence, SC
I promise you a huge delegation at next year's InnoVenture event from my part of the state. We have much to learn from our colleagues from other parts of the state. I am amazed at the talent attracted to this event and I for one can not wait for its continued growth.

Steve Hoffman, Skyline Exhibits & Design, Greenville, SC
Thank you for an event that raises the image, esteem and ultimately the productivity and profitability of our region. The one comment I heard several times yesterday was ......"The quality of the attendees makes the event worthwhile."

Nancy Whitworth, City of Greenville, Greenville, SC
Thanks for all your hard work, it certainly paid off! I thought the event was really good.

Kay A. Martin, Protocol With Ease, Anderson, SC
Thank you and everyone who led the way to InnoVenture 2006. My partner, Laura Capell, and I are developing a new company, Protocol With Ease. The opportunity to "see" the vision for the new Carolina is priceless to us as we anticipate our customers in business etiquette consultation. In two days we gathered research and development that could not have been accomplished by any means available to us within our resources. Thank you. We made connections with key people for our company's plans of the near future.. May we encourage you that everyone we encountered with official authority of InnoVenture was professional, courteous and most helpful. We had no negative observations. "Well done " is the only response we can honestly give to express our experience of these two days. After hearing and seeing the visions of the key speakers, it is exciting to anticipate the great things about to open up in South Carolina.

Julian Crawford, Swaim Brown,Greenville, SC
Inevitably [the morning after InnoVenture] must feel like the "day after the lord mayor's parade". The undeniable truth is that the existence of the event itself is a tremendous success. Congratulations on a job well done and, above all, thank you for helping to make it happen.

Bill Hogue, University of SC, Columbia, SC
I enjoyed participating and especially appreciated the opportunity to interact with some folks whom I had not met before. I also want to compliment your team for their active engagement and professionalism in facilitating the CIO discussions.

Judy Prince, USC Upstate, Greenville, SC
Congratulations on an excellent InnoVenture Conference! I thought that John Sibley Butler did an excellent job. The new Upstate Dean of the School of Business will definitely be with you next year. I appreciated the opportunity to hear USC mentioned during the lunch!

Reed Bolton Byrum, Strategic Communications Associates, Austin, TX
Magnificent work. Great conference. Congratulations!

Jay Kirkman, radii, Greenville, SC
Thanks for staging InnoVenture. This was my first time at the conference and I plan to make it a regular part of radii’s business development program. Overall, I was greatly impressed with the level of organization and management.

J. Paul Solitario, Tobin Advisors LLC, Charlotte, NC
Let me say what a terrific and pleasant surprise InnoVenture 2006 was. Congratulations and thank you and your entire team for all of your hard work.

Don Koonce, Envision, Inc., Greenville, SC
Wonderful Conference! I have heard nothing but rave reviews.

Phyllis Nolan, Nolan Management Company, Inc., Greenwood, SC
Innoventure was an extremely good conference, and yes the talent and energy was impressive. In general, the organization and materials were very well done. You and your staff deserve a huge round of applause. Thank you for your energy and enthusiasm for economic development in the State of South Carolina!

John Lee, Nimlok-Greenville, Greenville, SC
After debating about attending the conference, I’m glad I did and hope to be a part of it in future years. Congratulations on a successful event and kudos for having the vision, determination and leadership to pull it off!!!

Mary Ann Pires, The Pires Group, Inc., Greenville, SC
"InnoVenture" was again an exciting, energizing event for all who took part---a bridge to South Carolina's future.

1 comment:

____________ said...

SwampFox,
What is exactly is or was InnoVenture 2006, where was it held, and etc.?