Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Aggressive Conservative Investor

I spent four years at KEMET (NSYE:KEM). One of my responsibilities was investor relations, and I met many institutional investors in New York, Silicon Valley, and other places across the country.

The investor I am most impressed with, and who has the best reputation among other investors I dealt with, is the seasoned veteran Marty Whitman, manager of the Third Avenue Fund, where I have much of my investment portfolio.

Marty recently updated The Aggressive Conservative Investor, a book he wrote that was originally published in 1979. I highly recommend his philosophy of value investing. I met many investors that claimed they were value investors, but few came close to measuring up to Marty and his team in practice.

No comments: