Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oh my! Motorcycles?

If you have not been to the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, you need to go. It is a blast. They recently announced that in addition to cars, they now have a BMW Motorcycle Rider Training program.

I had to smile when I read that the program has "exercises including braking technique." The last time I was there, the instructor told me to accelerate an M Series BMW in the straight away and then put the brake to the floor and trust the vehicle. Well of course I didn't. Where else can you put a $120,000 vehicle in the tall grass, then get out and hand them the keys and go home!

But motorcycles? Whew. It costs $650 per day for participants renting a BMW motorcycle. But that's not the cost I'm worried about. How long is it going to take the heal? I'm not as young as I used to be :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to give a round of applause to the BMW Performance Center! They put 20 women in a Leadership Day event and turned us all loose with Z4's. Not only was the day fun and informative, business relationship were formed. This was the most constructive day away from the office that I've had in years.

I'd recommend it for team building any time.

Ms. Mario thought she was going to get a ticket on the way home!