Thursday, June 21, 2007

Younger siblings just accept their fate in life!

The New York Times recently reported what many of us already knew: Study Says Eldest Children Have Higher I.Q.s
The eldest children in families tend to develop slightly higher I.Q.s than their younger siblings, researchers are reporting... Researchers have long had evidence that first-borns tend to be more dutiful and cautious than their siblings, early in life and later... The new findings, which is to appear in the journal Science on Friday... found that eldest children scored about three points higher on I.Q. tests than their closest sibling.
All you younger siblings just need to accept reality and get on with life :)

1 comment:

kamran said...

As a parent of three, I can definitely see this happening! That first child often gets such a different level of engagement than the next ones, and as there are more and more children, that parent really juggles to do what they can to keep their head above water.
I grew up as an only child, so I had no idea how family dynamics really can affect a child and their potential IQs.
more at the blog
pointoforder.squarespace.com